"A girl was never ruined by books," my mother used to say. I've spent most of my life trying to prove that wrong.

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Bridge at San Luis Rey

I'm back from my trip to South America, and getting my notes and photographs in order.  The book I keep thinking about is Thornton Wilder's The Bridge at San Luis Rey, the story of an investigation of the collapse of a suspension bridge in the Andes in the 17th century. 

I'll return with more thoughts about it, but in the meantime, here's my picture of a water course that the Inkas channeled in Cuzco maybe 500 years ago

1 comment:

  1. brand-new blog!

    An appropriate announcement, Grand Opening of the brand-new Bibliothèque Marc-Favreau (métro Rosemont, and another reason to improve walkability through both sides of le champ des possibles) http://murmitoyen.com/339328

    ReplyDelete