"A girl was never ruined by books," my mother used to say. I've spent most of my life trying to prove that wrong.

Saturday, June 6, 2015

No Reviews But Good Comments from Friends

One of the thing I learned a long time ago is never to ask a friend if he or she liked one of my books.  If they did, they'll tell you.  If they didn't, well, they're going to be reluctant to say.

So it has been a great, great pleasure to have several messages from friends who have read River Music and really liked it.  A couple have ordered the ebook version, while others have sought out copies in local book stores.  "A page turner," one friend said.  "Very, very, very good," another wrote.

There have been no formal reviews yet.  The Montreal Review of Books and The Gazette are supposed to have ones too.  It would be lovely if they were as positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment